WOMEN INNOVATORS APPLY HERE
Call for the Second Woman Innovator of the Year Award-WIYA201
The Ethiopia Climate Innovation Center (ECIC), which is hosted by the Horn of Africa Regional Environment Centre & Network (HoA-REC&N), Addis Ababa University, is an initiative supported by the World Bank’s InfoDev and funded by the United Kingdom’s UKaid and the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The ECIC aims to accelerate the development, deployment, and transfer of locally relevant climate technologies that can favourably impact the effects of climate change.
The Ethiopian Climate Innovation Center aims to provide a holistic set of early-stage financing, business support and capacity building services to the Ethiopian private sector, working to develop, launch and grow innovative climate technology ventures that promote Ethiopia’s Climate Resilience and Green Economy.
Objective of the Award
In line with its gender equity goals, the ECIC is organizing Woman Innovator of the Year Award, aiming to stimulate climate smart innovation among women entrepreneurs and inspire other women to become entrepreneurs.
The application will be evaluated in accordance with the criteria described below.
- Women Entrepreneurs: The competition is open for Ethiopian women entrepreneurs (also includes women who hold yellow card) who have innovative products or services in any field and that can be turned into a business. Women entrepreneurs should own more than 50% of the business.
- Innovativeness: Is the product or service unique in concept, design or performance?
- Impact on Environment and Society: does the business have positive impact on the society and environment?
- Job creation: How many jobs does the business create to men and women? How many of the jobs will be filled by women?
- Marketability: Is there a clear need of market for the proposed project.
- Financial feasibility: Is the proposed business idea financially viable?
First prize (climate technology sector): USD 2,200
First prize (non-climate technology sector): USD 2,200
Second prize (any sector): USD 1,100